Moms, Dads, Grandparents, siblings – we are all role models. Let’s be role models for healthy living and work together to lead healthy, happy lives. Helping young kids learn healthy habits early makes it much easier to be healthy as adults.
5-4-3-2-1 Go!® is a great way to practice being healthy every day as a family. Below are some resources available for your use at home.
Get Kids Involved
Games & Activities
Online Games & Activities for Kids
- Food Champs – teaches kids about fruits and vegetables with online games
- Fuel Up to Play 60 – learn about Fuel Up to Play 60 with games and activities
- MyPlate Kids’ Place – teaching healthy habits with games, activities, videos, songs and more
- BAM! Body and Mind – learn more about your mind and body and how to keep yourself healthy
Online Parent Resources
- Choosemyplate.gov – provides help for people build healthier diets with resources and tools for dietary assessment, nutrition education, and other user-friendly nutrition information
- NourishInteractive.com – free one stop resource for fun nutrition games for kids, interactive nutrition tools and tips for parents to use to promote healthy living for the whole family
- We Can! – a national movement designed to give parents, caregivers, and entire communities a way to help children 8 to 13 years old stay at a healthy weight
- Color Me Healthy – parent newsletters with ideas for eating healthy and staying active such as snack ideas and kids kitchen recipes
- Hy-Vee KidsFit – a fun, at-home program designed for kids and families to help promote health, exercise and nutrition as a priority in our daily lives. The 5-Week Challenge will provide a structure for kids to take control of their personal health and fitness.